Holiday Safety Tips from SERVPRO of La Jolla
Winter time means the holidays are approaching and the time for small gatherings is near. Below are some helpful tips for the holiday season to prevent fires.
* When choosing decorations, it's best to choose flame resistant.
* Turn off lights before going to bed.
* Prior to hanging lights, check the cords for broken or damaged pieces.
* Instead of using nails, use clips to hang décor to avoid damaging the cords.
* Always keep candles away from fabrics or décor that can catch fire.
* Never leave candles unattended.
* Notice lights that are dedicated for indoor use and outdoor use and follow their instructions.
*Be sure your holiday tree is well watered to avoid drying out.
*Go through your house and be sure that matches and lighters are kept in higher places if children are coming over.
* Keep children and pets away from candles.
* Show your guests the designated smoking area and have deep ash trays handy.
*Test your smoke alarms prior to having a gathering.
* Stay close to the kitchen if you are using the stovetop.
* Ensure you have a fire extinguisher.
Stay safe this holiday season!